1/09/2008

Friday-Rene Gagnon & Kenji Nakayama Opening Reception



Where: 38 Cameron Gallery
38 Cameron St.
Cambridge, MA 02140
When: Friday 1/11/08 7pm-9pm
Runs thru: 2/29/08

This looks to be a impressive showing of street art and stencils at 38 Cameron in Cambridge. I first found out about Rene Gagnon back in the summer leading up to the art project "The Wall At Central Square". In visiting his website prior to the event I saw that we both grew up in the same city and he was just a shade older than me. I really digging most everything he has for sale up on his website. Most pieces combine a great use of graphics and paint and superb layering details. I think the "Buy Back Your Manhood" cardboard series in his store are kick ass, they sort of remind me of Faile, but hanging them might be tricky.

With the stencil stylings of Kenji Nakayama we switch gears from Rene's in your face style to completely dark, moody and hyper detailed stencils. This pieces sort of remind me of HDR photos they have that certain something to hold your attention. Plus there are a few pieces of freight cars which I appreciate since the train tracks are right outside the backdoor.


38 Cameron
Rene Gagnon
Kenji Nakayama

No comments: