6/19/2005

Happy Fathers Day to all the Dads out there

I called my father first thing when I got up this morning. I think I rolled out of bed sometime around 11:00. I had to give him my regards and wish him a Happy Fathers Day and let him know that I really do appreciate him, even though I don't show it all that often.

Whenever I talk to Dad there is some sort of computer issue that comes up that he thinks I can fix for him over the phone. Today's problem seemed to be a doozy. He says he can't forward emails from his Yahoo email account. The forward button is there but he says nothing happens when he clicks it. My mom uses the same computer and she has no problem. He was telling me that he was going to try changing Yahoo as his homepage and change it back, re-install Yahoo Messenger etc... I told him that there was no need for any of that and the forward button should be working and I had no great answer for him.

Last time I was over there I showed him and my Mom the wonderful world of cut-and-paste. Jeez, they have had a computer and the internet since 1997, but they have never used and were amazed by the whole cut-and-paste phenomenon. So I was telling him if the forward button was not working he could simply cut-an-paste the email into a new blank one. We all know that the CTRL-C and CTRL-V functions are pretty complicated. But he told me that was too much of a hassle and he just wants his forwarding to work on his email. Best of luck with that Dad. Maybe Yahoo was just having a bad day.

My parents are going to Philadelphia next weekend tto catch some interleague play and see the Sox play the Phillies at the new Citizens Bank Park. I'm a little jealous of that!

A good portion of my weekend was spent doing homework once again.Only three weeks left to go with Corporate Financial Management and then D and I are taking the next class period off. That is sweet because it will give us some time to enjoy the summer weekends a bit more and not be swamped with this bullshit homework.

Anyway, that is about it for now!
ENJOY!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

DO YOU MENTION TO DADDY HOW MUCH YOU LOVED IT WHEN HE WOULD TOUCH YOU WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER?