10/03/2005

4rilla's Mad Money Monday


I guess we will talk about stocks a little bit tonight.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that we should all be saving our pennies to get in on the Vonage IPO which is indeed in the pipeline and should probably happen within the next 6 months. I would say that the Vonage IPO will end up creating a buzz that rivals all the hype that surrounded the Google offering.

I'll put the market to the side for a moment. I'm a Vonage customer. I have been for about 6 months now, and I am 100% pleased with their service. It cut my monthly phone bill from $60.00 a month to $14.99. Outfreakingstanding! Plus they don't even mail a bill, they just debit my credit card and send an email. And that just means one less piece a frustrating mail that just seems to accumulate and accumulate. The quality of the call on both ends is very clear IMO. I think there have been 2 phonecalls in the past 6 months that didn't go through when trying to dial out. I think 2 dropped calls over 6 months is worth over $200 in savings over the timeperiod.

Therefore Vonage is a two way play. Get the service, drop your local telco. Take the money you are saving each month and set it aside. Buy the stock after the IPO with the money you have been saving. It's stacked up to be a win win situation.

------------------------------

Also be on the lookout for an Under Armour IPO. On August 26 the maker of sporting apparel filed an IPO Registration Statement with the SEC. You have probably seen their "We Must Protect This House" commercials which have been in heavy rotation as well as there logo showing up on a slew of players in all 4 major sports as of late. I've used a few pieces if their gear and it stacks up better than Nike's Dri-Fit and Reebok's Play Dry items.

Not bad for a business that was started by Kevin Plank in his grandmother's basement just 10 years ago. The Under Armour and Vonage IPO's will sure be fun to watch. But I think they will be even better to play.

-----------------------------

I picked up 8,000 shares of DNAG/Dnaprint Genomics at .0197. DNAG traded it's heaviest volume ever today and was up 10%. Exit point .03-.05.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

damn man you are motivating me to start investing... I love these posts...