10/24/2005

Dow and NASDAQ up up and away as next Fed Chairman named


Amid all the good new Pfizer (PFE) closed at $21.09, and is just above its 52 week low. At these prices PFE is providing a 3.60% dividend yield. I think this would be a good time to drop some money into a Pfizer Dividend Reinvestment Plan and let it build over time. Let that sucker sit and marinate for 30 years or so and you should be sitting pretty with the reinvested dividends, stock splits and price increases.

Another mover today was Ceradyne INc. (CRDN) was up over 8% today closing at a 52 week high of $40.55, CRDN cracked the $40.00 barrier for the first time in the past 52 weeks today. I first bought some CRDN in December 04 at about $38.00 but I averaged down in April for about $19.00 a share which means I am now sitting on a nice percentage gain.

Peregrine Pharma (PPHM) closed at $1.05 today which was up 5% on heavy volume. I'm in on this at $1.18 so I am still down a bit. PPHM had very heavy volume today and I think there is still upside from here. They announced today that they will be studying their Tarvacin Anti-Viral for Influenza. Tarvacin is currently in Phase One clinical trials for the treatment of hepatitis C.

Ugh, I'm down over 50% on Whitehall Jewelers (JWL).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i was playing with JWL last month when it was up and down and up and down and made some cash and got out. Too risky for me now.

4rilla said...

I bought at the top on that one. I'm still watching RNAI every day. I've done ok flipping some KOPN within the past few months. They are a Taunton, MA based company with some decent nanotech products.