7/03/2006

More Proof That Customer Service Is Dead In America

The Wine Merchant
1175 Main St #A
Clinton, MA 01510
(978) 365-7031

The Wine Merchant in Clinton, MA does not care about their customers. Join the 4rilla boycott!

Somebody forgot to tell the female clerk working at The Wine Merchant connected to Shaw's Supermarket on Main St. in Clinton, MA that the customer is always right. Even when the customer is wrong (in this case we weren't) you should not tell the customer that you don't care about their business and that they can take it elsewhere because they are only spending $5.00.

Here is the situation. We were just picking up a 4pack of Peel's Blueberry Pomegrante coolers. There was one middle aged lady in line getting rung up. We were standing behind her for about 20 or 30 seconds, and then another middle aged couple just slides right on up to the counter with their very own 12 pack. In my estimation these were all a bunch of townies who probably grew up in Clinton together went to high school together and such, therefore they think they can cut us in line, and the lady behind the counter thinks nothing of ringing up their order in front of us. Crystal and I look at each other in amazement and say to the clerk, "Excuse me, we were here first". With that she replies, "Well they are together. Just wait, it will only take a second. And anyway ladies before gentlemen." At this point Crystal holds up the package and says well I'm buying and I'm a lady. The clerk replied with another asinine comment insisting we wait. With that Crystal put the alcoholic beverage on the counter and said that due to the clerks attitude we would be taking our business elsewhere. The clerk inserted her foot in mouth one last time by saying, "Good leave, your only spending $5.00 and that isn't going to hurt my business."

I guess this dumb bitch didn't realize that when you piss off a customer they are very likely to tell others about the shitty service you provided. In this instance she pissed off the wrong blogger! I will harness the power of the internets to alert the alcohol buying public of Clinton, Massachusetts and the whole world that they should boycott The Wine Merchant in Clinton, MA at all costs. It was the first time that I ever was going to make a purchase at this liquor store and I certainly won't be going back ever again. There are plenty of good package stores in the area that won't give you any beef such as Wachusett Bottled Liquors and Apple Valley Country Store. Support those people and next time you drive by The Wine Merchant on Main Street in Clinton, MA flip them the bird!!

Map to The Wine Merchant

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's sad but I think crap like that happens all the time...

Anonymous said...

that's why they invented India

DanMnz said...

I live in Clinton, MA and use Sonny's Liquors all the time. They are friendly and alway assist me quickly. The Wine Merchant is a pain in the ass for me as well as Apple Country. Both harass me with the ID even though I give them one.