4/21/2009

Playing Catchup...




I've enjoyed a sweet 4 day weekend, but it is back to the grind tomorrow. Crystal and I disappeared overnight to Brattleboro, VT on Saturday and she pretty much provided a blow by blow countdown of events that I wont really go into repeating here. Just read her post for the nitty gritty details.

I will say that we both heartily endorse the Brattleboro VT Bed And breakfast "Forty Putney Road" run by Tim and Amy. It is not every B&B in Vermont that is run by a cool beer loving couple with a brew pub on premises complete with Saturday evening beer tasting. Crystal and I had spent the day visiting Harpoon and Long Trail breweries and then topped off the night trying another flight of samplers right at Forty Putney Road Pub with Tim, Amy and 4 other couples along with Amy's cheese plate and nachos. Got to try the Otter Creek Russian Imperial Stout which was the best beer of the weekend beating out the Long Trail Ale Coffee Stout.

Yesterday I watched the marathon and Red Sox during the day and then bummed around and installed a new light before heading over to the DCU Center for the Worcester Sharks playoff game. And what a game it was, the Sharks prevailed with a dramatic 2OT victory to keep this series interesting. Hartford leads the series 2 games to 1 with game 4 tomorrow (Wednesday) evening at the DCU. The puck drops at 6:35 and yours truly will be sitting front and center.

I did a bunch of running around for the condo this morning, Home Depot, Sears and a couple other random places. I then spent the afternoon assembling a new gas grill for the building which I'm sure will see plenty of use over the coming months. I was able to get the grill put together totally solo without breaking anything, losing any pieces or drawing blood so overall that is quite an accomplishment.


Crystal's Post
Forty Putney Road
Tim and Amy "Here For The Beer"

No comments: