10/26/2005

2,000 US Soliders Dead in Iraq


I added Sitemeter to this blog back in May and since then I have had 1,703 hits and 2,835 page views. I like looking at my hits and I have considered the 1,703 hits to be rather sizeable for the past 6 months.

Looking at it from the perspective that more U.S. soldiers have been killed in combat than all the hits I have received is pretty sad. When you look at the number of 2,000 and see how long it takes to reach, and then realizing that each one of those numbers is a life snuffed out way too soon. Way to go Bush. What a fucking shame.

I will say a big thank you to all the men and women who put on the uniform in order to "protect" our country. As it is not something I would want to do for all the smoke in Jamaica!

I better not show Sophie the busblog today, she will end up with a big head!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel terribly sad for the servicemen who have died and those who have been injured. I feel sad for their families.

I want to say, "well think of all the Iraqi's who might have died under Saddam and the ones that already have", but that's hard to do. I like to think I'm globally minded and I'd like to believe in democracy and its values, but sometimes that is asking a lot of a person. The loss of life is never a good thing, but I think that despite what a lot of people want you to think, there are people grateful for the sacrifices that these soldiers are making.

I could be wrong, but I hope I am not.