9/01/2008

Fantasy Update

So I posted an update regarding my Busblog Fantasy Baseball team back at the All Star break. At that time I was sitting in 7th place and was 5.5 games out of the 6th and final playoff spot with a record of 189-159-27.

I am happy to report that 4rilla's Thrillas hulked the hell up for the rest of the season and finished the regular season in 2nd place with a record of 313-200-37. The virtue of the second place finish earned me a bye week this week, but finishing second in the regular season doesn't mean a thing if I can't close the deal in the playoffs. But I like the makeup of my team and I'm feeling pretty good.

This evening I had my live draft for the 4th annual Shabooty Fantasy Football League. This is my third go round in the league and my teams have been poor the past two seasons in this league. Taking this draft at face value sitting here tonight I'm pretty happy with the results and look to be competitive this season.

The drafted version of the football 4rilla's Thrillas in order of being picked were:

Clinton Portis
Ryan Grant
Torry Holt
Plaxico Burress
Roddy White
Ben Roethelisberger
Jerricho Cotchery
Minnesota
Vernon Davis
Matt Forte
Mason Crosby
Brett Favre
Jabar Gaffney
Tennessee
Rashard Mendenhall

With that lineup I'm feeling pretty strong at every position and can be happy about the draft. But it is easy to say that before the season starts.

No comments: